An advice to new Biomedical Technologists

10/15/2008

Last month my school had a function to award Diplomas and awards to the successful trainees of the institute. This is the concluding advice I included in my "Award Day speech" to the young men & women who started their career as Biomedical Laboratory Technologists.

"AN ADVICE
It is customary to give an advice to the Diploma recipients and prize winners at these occasions. Let me end my talk with a part of a hymn from Rig Veda. I borrowed it from Prof. Goutham Sen an eminent surgeon of India. He used this quotation in his inaugural address to the IFBLS Congress last month in New Delhi. Idea comes from the ancient Asian civilization, known and familiar to us, though we do not practice often.

' Sathyam vada,
Dharma Char,
Swadhya na pramod '

Which says (though not the exact meaning)

Speak truth (Always adhere to the truth)
Behave in Damma (Do no harm to any body - be helpful to others)
Do not play while you work (Do not take your work & duty, lightly)"

You Might Also Like

0 comments